client bind timeout or timelimit (again)

	I might have not make myself clear on my last email.

	Using openldap-2.0.27 sdk, how can I set a timeout value for bind
operation in synchronous mode?

	I couldn't found any function to set this value. Despite
documentation shows ld_timelimit as a member of struct ldap, I can't
access it (IMHO that's the way... but the API should provide a function to
do that).

	Can someone help me?

	Thanks again,

--