Re: tests fail with 2.1.13

tir, 2003-02-25 kl. 21:29 skrev Dieter Kluenter:

> >> I'm testing OpenLDAP-2.1.3 with BerkeleyDB-4.1.25 but the test suit
> >> fails randomly at various stages, that ist, sometimes it is test003,
> >> or test007 or test015, but mostly it is test007

> > Could be a good idea to give everyone a general idea of platform,
> > whether SASL, ./configure options etc.

> Well, I think it is a BerkeleyDB issue, but if you insist :-)
> linux, kernel 2.4.16, gcc 2.95, cyrus-sasl-2.1.12

The point was, that it could have been Solaris, BSD, anything exotic.

Nothing strange about your platform - it's not Red Hat, with gcc 2.95,
though.

I don't know what you were using before for the database. I run 2.1.12
and BDB 4.1.25 (with Cyrus SASL 2.1.10) and it's absolutely rock solid -
under stress, in everyday use. Others should give their experience with
2.1.13BDB 4.1.25 and Cyrus 2.1.12.

I take it you configure BDB with --disable-largefile, otherwise it most
probably wouldn't work at all.

Wait and see if others with your config can offer something better than
I can. Personally, if I encounter what you experience I tend to drop
back to the most simple config possible (no SASL, vanilla configure etc)
and see if that works. Then add things on bit by bit.

Lets see if anyone else has better advice to offer?

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw