binddn cn=proxyagent

When setting a Solaris 8 system to be a client of an openLDAP (v2.1.10) server, do you need to use the proxyagent cn?

I have redhat 8 clients configured and working without having the proxyagent in my directory, but I can't seem to get ldapclient on the Solaris machine to go.

If there's an easier way to configure Solaris LDAP clients, please let me know. I've seen numerous web pages about configuration but everyone seems to have done things differently and none of their steps are working for me...

--Matthew
                       Matthew W. Mauzy
                     Systems Administrator
                     Applied Math @ UNC-CH