Re: Replication problem

> Hi,
>
> I read a letter on the list last week regarding a
> replication problem. I have the same problem, and was
> hoping to see a reply posted, but there was none. So
> let me ask the same question as "atya@andrews.hu" has:
>
> The problem is, you have to replicate a set of
> subtrees to a number of servers. The catch is:
> these subtrees are *different* for each of the slave
> servers.
>
> How on Earth do you do it?
>
> I would appreciate if someone could answer my
> question,
> or at least let me know that it cannot be done or that
> it's trivial and I should RTFM.

If I get your point corrctly it's easy (and, I think, yu
should be able to get it by RTMF :)

you want to replicate different subtrees of your DIT
to disfferent slaves, but portions of the same subtree
may go to more than one slave.

Then all you need to do is set up different replicas with
different subtrees.  Each replica will get exactly the
subtrees it needs.  Example:

you have suffix "dc=example,dc=com" and subtrees
"cn=sub1,dc=example,dc=com", "cn=sub2,dc=example,dc=com"
"cn=sub3,dc=example,dc=com" and finally
"cn=subsub1,cn=sub1,dc=example,dc=com"
and you want to replicate a mix of them to different slaves.

Then

replica host=slave1.example.com
        suffix="cn=sub2,dc=example,dc=com"
        suffix="cn=sub3,dc=example,dc=com"
        # more replica args
replica host=slave2.example.com
        suffix="cn=sub3,dc=example,dc=com"
        suffix="cn=sub1,dc=example,dc=com"
        # more replica args
replica host=slave3.example.com
        suffix="cn=sub1,dc=example,dc=com"
        suffix="cn=sub2,dc=example,dc=com"
        # more replica args
replica host=slave4.example.com
        suffix="cn=subsub1,cn=sub1,dc=example,dc=com"
        suffix="cn=sub2,dc=example,dc=com"
        # more replica args

Does this answer your question?

p.