Re: LDAP to submit batch job with login user name

Chengteh Lee:
> I don't know this question is related to LDAP or Unix.
>
> After setting up a LDAP to replace passwd and shadow files, then we can do
> LDAP authentication for user login to the system.
>
> Then I install a web server to look up the LDAP authentication for login.
> After the  authentication, I would like to submit unix batch job using the
> login user name. So, the job is owned by the login user.
> Is there a way to do this from LDAP? Thanks!

Well - if you write your own backend usig back-perl or back-shell, it's
possible. Other than that you have to make your own
login-wrapper-thingy.

--
Regards

Bjørn Ove Grøtan

"SELECT 2 + 2, pi(), 'PostgreSQL is more than a calculator!';"