Re: SSL/TLS and PRNGD

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 06:53:50PM +0000, Paul Reilly wrote:

> without the -rand option it produces a 'PRNG not seeded' message. So I
> suspect OpenLDAP is having the same problem. I had a look through all the
> compile options for OpenLDAP but can't see anywhere where you could
> specify a random number device. Is there anywhere I can set this in
> OpenLDAP or is it a problem with my OpenSSL libraries?
I do not have Tru64 to test this however I would assume this is
due to lack of randseed on 64 just like Solaris.
I would recommend installing Lutz's
http://www.aet.tu-cottbus.de/personen/jaenicke/postfix_tls/prngd.html
This will more than likely solve it. Let me know how it works out for you.

Best Regards,
dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com

--
/*  Security is a work in progress - dreamwvr                 */
#