Re: SASL/GSSAPI with multiple Kerberos realms?

* Allan Streib (astreib@indiana.edu) wrote:
> I'm wondering if it is possible to get SASL/GSSAPI working with
> multiple realms.  We have sevaral Kerberos realms here and everything
> is working find within realm A but I have a client in realm B that
> would like to access the LDAP server.  Any suggestions or pointers to
> documentation?  Cross-realm trust is not an option.  Thanks!

If you can't do cross-realm trust then the person in realm B isn't going
to be able to get an ldap/<ldap server>@A ticket to talk to the ldap
server with...  If you do set up a cross-realm TGT so that the person in
realm B can get that ldap/<ldap server>@A ticket then, using OpenLDAP
2.1.12, they should show up in LDAP as:
dn:uid=person,cn=B,cn=gssapi,cn=auth

So you can give that person whatever rights in the ACL list you want...
Obviously you can also use sasl-regexp to change that into a dn in your
LDAP directory.

	Stephen