for those who have no log in their logfile

Hello all

I just solved a problem, and I think I am not the first person who
encountered it, but I never found any website or post that give the
solution I found

I have openldap 2.1.12 on a redhat 8.0 (i386 arch.)
I use the rpms provided by Jehan Procaccia on his website :

http://www.int-evry.fr/mci/user/procacci/SRPMS/

And I had no log in my logfile
But my slapd.conf has
loglevel 	-1

and my syslog.conf
local4.debug		/var/log/slapd.log

and this file is world-writable

I have recompiled the src rpm with --enable-syslog but that didn't
solved my pb

All that I had to do to solve it is to remove "-l DEAMON" in the line :
daemon ${slapd} -u ldap -l DAEMON $OPTIONS $SLAPD_OPTIONS

==> daemon ${slapd} -u ldap $OPTIONS $SLAPD_OPTIONS

in the startup script /etc/rc.d/ini.d/ldap

François Beretti