Re: Problem with Exim and OpenLDAP

On 19 Feb 2003 16:24:07 +0100
Tony Earnshaw <tonni@billy.demon.nl> wrote:

> ons, 2003-02-19 kl. 13:56 skrev Keith Matthews:
>
> > > 2: Don't know whether you have access to a test box on which you
> > > could set up a newer Openldap config. I've never used 2.0.x,
> > > always 2.1.x, starting at 2.1.4. I noticed an enormous difference
> > > in Exim's stability under stress with the upgrade from 2.1.8 to
> > > 2.1.10. That's all I can offer, unfortunately.
>
> > Doesn't look like I can (It's not my box, I'm only inbstalling the
> > MTA), they are heavy evolution fans and apparantly evolution does
> > not work too well with 2.1 (or so they claim).
>
> Well, give them my best wishes and tell them I'm running Evo 1.2.1 on
> this machine with full vanilla-bind support for Openldap 2.1.12 and a
> modified evolutionperson.schema (Evo's SSL/TS doesn't work on *any*
> Openldap, due to bad implementation, admmitted on the Evo mailing
> list, recently).

OK, we've resolved this. It was something to do with the same set of dn
values in 2 different ou groups for some reason.

I can't say any more as I didn't get the full story and I'm not sure the
person who fixed it knew precisely what the problem was anyway.

I have to say that the only real conclusion I have come to is that
OpenLDAP diagnostics suck, and badly.