Re: OpenLdap/SASL/TLS ...

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 02:39:31PM -0800, Howard Chu wrote:
> re: DNS, FQDNs - that's what a "hosts" file is good for.
  Well that does not work. As the /etc/resolv.conf
setting of
order file bind
does not make a certificate FQDN translate from the hosts
file. This is done via dns BIND or djbdns. For example if
I type on a browser..
this will not translate to my hostname of
hostname.domain.com that lives in my hosts file.
This is resolved via dns resolvers. If you got this
working I am all ears. Note that you can't use localhost,
loopback, or as I have tried changing the hosts file.

Best Regards,

/*  Security is a work in progress - dreamwvr                 */
# Note: To begin Journey type man afterboot,man help,man hier[.]
// "Who's Afraid of Schrodinger's Cat?" /var/(.)?mail/me \?  ;-]