Re: openldap with sasl

--On Wednesday, February 19, 2003 11:58 AM -0500 Cindy Wang <cwang@kinetworks.com> wrote:

Hi all:

I am trying to install openldap2.1.8 with cyrus-sasl-2.1.10 and
kerberos-1.2.7 on solaris2.7 platform. I am able to configure and build,
but when I run the test (make test), the root-dse doesn't show that
GSSAPI is supportedsaslmechanisms, while on RedHat platform, root-dse
does show that GSSAPI is one of the supportedsaslmechanisms with the same
configuration options.  I am wondering what I might have missed , and
what to look to make sure that GSSAPI does get built in correctly? (While
configuring cyrus, I did see that "Checking GSSAPI ... with
implementation mit" from the output.)

Here are the options I used for the configuration:

Kerberos: --enable-shared --without-tcl
Cyrus: --enable-login --without-des --without-rc4 --enable-gssapi=krbdir
--disable-krb4 Openldap: --with-cyrus-sasl --enable-slapd --enable-crypt
--enable-spasswd --with-tls
--enable-kpasswd

Cindy,

This is an asside, but I suggest not using krb5-1.2.7. It has a lot of threading issues. The CVS version of Heimdal is a lot more stable.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Senior Systems Administrator