Re: ldapadd syntax error

ons, 2003-02-19 kl. 13:58 skrev amol g:

> I am getting a syntax error for ldapadd. Is there a
> list of error codes anywhere I can use.

ldap.h in /usr/local/include, /usr/include or not at all, depending on
what you installed - the errors are hex, so 21 dec is 15 hex (0x15);

The following PHP4 snippet:

<?php
  for($i=0; $i<100; $i++) {
    printf("Error $i: %s<br>\n", ldap_err2str($i));
  }
?>

> This is the error I am getting
>
> [root@srvrenres ex]# /usr/local/bin/ldapadd -D
> "cn=Manager, dc=srvrenres, dc=co
> m" -W < ex.ldif
> Enter LDAP Password:
> adding new entry "dc=srvrenres,dc=com "
> ldapadd: update failed: dc=srvrenres,dc=com
> ldap_add: Invalid syntax (21)
>         additional info: objectclass: value #0 invalid
> per syntax

It seems to be telling you you haven't included (an) objectclass(es), or
if you have done, you didn't do it correctly.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw