replica not replicating

hey'all,

I have been breaking my ballz last the few weeks on the following
matter. I have a master ldap server with configuration:

    # ldbm database definitions
    database        ldbm
    suffix          "dc=sci-domain,dc=be"
    rootdn      "cn=ldapadmin,ou=Administrators,dc=sci-domain,dc=be"
    rootpw          {crypt}somethingsomething
    directory       /var/lib/ldap/sci-domain
    loglevel 0

    # replication
    replogfile /var/log/slapd/slapd.replog
    replica host=server.sci.vlaanderen.be:389
         "binddn=cn=ldapadmin,ou=Administrators,dc=sci-domain,dc=be"
         bindmethod=simple
         credentials={crypt}something something

and i have a slave ldap server with config:
	# ldbm database definitions
    database ldbm
    suffix "dc=sci-domain,dc=be"
    rootdn "cn=ldapadmin,ou=Administrators,dc=sci-domain,dc=be"
    rootpw {crypt}somethingsomething
    directory /var/lib/ldap/sci-domain
    loglevel 328

    # replication
    updatedn   "cn=ldapadmin,ou=Administrators,dc=sci-domain,dc=be"
    updateref ldap://10.7.7.30
    referral ldap://10.7.7.30
the IPs in this config, are the ones from the master ldap server.

when i start my master server, i get this error message in the syslog
file:
Feb 17 14:32:18 devel slapd[17204]: daemon: socket() failed errno=97
(Address family not supported by protocol)

also, the configfile of the master ldap server, states that it should
use this (replogfile /var/log/slapd/slapd.replog) file for replication
logging, but instead /var/lib/ldap/replica/slurpd.replog is being used,
anybody any clues why? the replog file that is in the config, remains
empty.

now, the replog file (in /var/lib/ldap/replica) reports the changes made
in the master server, but doesn't replicate them to the slave, see log
of master ldap server:
    replica: server.sci.vlaanderen.be
    time: 1045483685
    dn: cn="Morano Johnny", ou=People, dc=sci-domain,dc=be
    changetype: modify
    replace: description
    -
    replace: modifiersName
    modifiersName: cn=ldapadmin,ou=Administrators,dc=sci-domain,dc=be
    -
    replace: modifyTimestamp
    modifyTimestamp: 20030217120803Z
there were no errors, no warnings, no changes, nada... can anybody tell
me why?

thanx muchos in advance..

johnny