Learning Curve Questions

Greetings List,

I'm new to LDAP, (well maybe).

I have a situation here where I am trying to get a better control over
the maint and admin of mail accounts, pop3 retrievels, and domain
zones.  I have been going down the list trying to find a viable
soultion.  I am now on the LDAP concept and have a few questions before
I speed the next two days reading.

Is LDAP what I need to be able to update mail accounts (how would
qpopper talk to LDAP), can I use LDAP to manage zone records?
I read in the Usersguid that one can use an SQL backend DB instead of
the flatfile.  However, it never went on to say how to do that.  Is
there any receipes for putting that together?

Just a few questions to get me going.  Thanks for yor help :-)

--
robert