Re: Back-META and LDAP v2

> No; I was thinking about adding this possibility (it's a "one-line fix"
> (TM) or so), but then LDAPv2 is considered historic or so, it wouldn't
> be worth it.

let me work a little more on this: currently, back-meta
(as well as back-ldap) try to connect with the same protocol
version used by the client; if we downgrade a LDAPv3 connection
to LDAPv2, it is likely that the operation cannot be accomplished
because the LDAPv2 server is not able to interpret it anyway.

So the right way of dealing with your case is to issue LDAPv2
requests from the beginning.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati