ACL examples

I'm wondering if it is possible to create an ACL that would allow an ou
below a users record to be (for lack of better word) owned by the user.
This would be good for me as I am writing a client in which I would like
to include the ability for users to create private(or semi-private)
lists that they could maintain/add-to etc.

If this is possible does anyone have an example? I could not find one in
the docs I have seen.

Or is their a better way to structure such a directory to get this
functionality maybe?

Thanks in advance,
--
Tom