Re: Slapd crashes on ldapsearch of just added entries

> Hi all,
>
> none replied to my previous post so I worked to make the situation
> clearer. The problem is:
>
> If I search for an entry JUST added the slapd may crash. To highlight
> this behavior I made a bash script that performs several
> delete-add-search sequence operation.
> After at most 5 repetitions the slapd dies with no messages in the log
> ... (loglevel 4)
>
> In which direction should I investigate in order to solve this problem,
> stated that:
>
> RH 7.3
> Openldap rel: 2.0.23

First, use OpenLDAP 2.0.27; there is no way
we can fix 2.0.23; the only chance is that
the bug shows up also with 2.0.27, in which
case we'll try to fix it (and if for any reason
you need to use 2.0.23 you can try to backport
the fix)

> database ldbm
> cachesize 100000
> dbcachesize 1000000
>
> Thaks to anyone willing to help me.

Try to reproduce the problem with 2.0.27 under
a debugger (e.g. gdb) and, after the crash, get
a stack backtrace (bt full).  Logs may help
in clarifying the context.

P.

--
Pierangelo Masarati