Re: OpenLDAP on RedHat 8.0

> Does your slapd listen on your hostname address (eth0) or localhost , or
>  both !
>
> Here's mine running on both:
> check you /etc/init.d/ldap file, and maybe try to start slapd  -h
> '"ldap://localhost:389 ldap://yourhost:389";'
>
> check olso iptables just in case ...
>
> here I have:
>
> $  nmap localhost -p 389
>
> Starting nmap V. 3.00 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
> Interesting ports on localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1):
> Port       State       Service
> 389/tcp    open        ldap
>
> Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 1 second You
> have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
> [root@corbeau /etc/openldap]
> $  nmap corbeau -p 389
>
> Starting nmap V. 3.00 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
> Interesting ports on corbeau (157.159.50.91):
> Port       State       Service
> 389/tcp    open        ldap
>
> Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 1 second

I have SLAPD running on eth0 on both IPv6 and IPv4 and on localhost. I see
a connection comming in but SLAPD can't make out from what IP adres the
connection is comming and after saying unknown host, it just drops the
connection. IPTables is not filtering anything on this system, it's a host
behind my firewallhost.

Jan Hugo Prins