Re: can't connect to ldap server (0x5B)

On Wednesday 05 February 2003 00:11, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> tir, 2003-02-04 kl. 16:03 skrev venki:
> > we are running openldap software to maintain our univ. students digital
> > certificate.  We are successfully able to search the ldap for certs. from
> > the local system but when we try from remote machine, netscape ldap
> > client throws an error stating "can't connect to ldap server".
>
> What "openldap software" (exact version)? What "netscape ldap client"
> (exact version)?

we are running openldap-2.0.23-4
netscape browser 4.79 ldap client.

> There are many "netscape ldap client"s, but *none* of them can find
> certificate attributes. Why should you imagine that they can?

The problem is when we search for certificate from local machine where
slapd is running, netscape able to get correct certificate and asking for
permission to add in the certificate store. But we can't able to do the same
from remote machine with netcape 4.79 browser.

anyway thanks for your help.

venki