Re: How to change the login look up order with LDAP?

søn, 2003-02-02 kl. 07:00 skrev Shi Jin:

> I have an openldap server running and user can login
> to all the clients. But if the network is down, say a
> power outage happened for the server, then even the
> local user root cannot login to the clients.
> I think this is because of the wrong order of user
> information lookup. But my /etc/nsswitch.conf is like
> this:
> passwd:     files ldap
> shadow:     files ldap
> group:      files ldap
>
> I think this should work but it doesn't.

In as much as this doesn't apply to my system (I have the same in
nsswitch.conf as you), the question is: Why should mine work and yours
not?

1: I use Openldap 2.1.10 and nss_ldap 189;
2: I use RH 7.2+++++
3: I use the PADL nss_ldap 189 /etc/pam.d ldap-modified files (don't
have /etc/pam.conf or whatever it is).

Best,

Tony

--