RE: configure problem

Depends on the version of OpenLDAP. Current versions (2.1.x) of OpenLDAP
(and SASL) work with Berkeley DB 4.1. Your problems seem to be caused by
your compiler not finding the headers and libs for BDB. Make sure configure
(and by extension your compiler) can see the libraries and the header files
by setting LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS. As Sean O'Malley already pointed out, the
general form is:

LDFLAGS=-L<BerkeleyDBLibraryDir>
CPPFLAGS=-I<BerkeleyDBIncludeDir>
export LDFLAGS CPPFLAGS

Where:
<BerkeleyDBLibraryDir> is the path to the location of the Berkeley DB
libraries
and
<BerkeleyDBIncludeDir> is the path to the location of the Berkeley DB
include files

-Matthew Hardin
Symas Corporation