RE : Aix how can log

Thanks for your respons,

> First, I trust it was a typo...
> ...it should be /etc/syslog.conf

True, sorry

> Secondly, after adding the entries,
> did you either reboot your RS6000 (not necessary)
> or as root did you perform a "kill -HUP syslog_pid"
> (where syslog_pid is the pid of /usr/sbin/syslog) ???
> This will cause the syslog daemon to re-read its
> configuration file.
>
> -tony

Yes and the configuration is loaded correctly, here is a lssrc report for
the syslogd daemon (pid 9038)

lssrc -l -p'9038'
ns.eurofer.be: root# lssrc -l -p'9038'
Subsystem         Group            PID     Status
 syslogd          ras              9038    active

Syslogd Config   local4.emerg   /var/log/sldap.log
Syslogd Config   local4.alert   /var/log/sldap.log
Syslogd Config   local4.crit    /var/log/sldap.log
Syslogd Config   local4.err     /var/log/sldap.log
Syslogd Config   local4.warning /var/log/sldap.log
Syslogd Config   local4.notice  /var/log/sldap.log
Syslogd Config   local4.info    /var/log/sldap.log
Syslogd Config   local4.debug   /var/log/sldap.log
Syslogd Config   *.err                   errlog

Guy