Re: modifyTimestamp limitations

Today at 8:40am, Rayed Al-Rashed wrote:

> Is this a limitation in the LDAP specification it self, or is it OpenLDAP
> problem?

In the 2.0.27 source code (servers/slapd/schema_init.c) the ordering
rule for generalizedTimeOrderingMatch is not implemented.  Instead, the
code uses caseIgnoreIA5Match.  This is NOT an ordering match, so you
can't do what you are looking for.  Since this is in violation of the
LDAP specification, it is an OpenLDAP problem (in my opinion).

I haven't looked at the 2.1.x source code yet, so I don't know if it has
been fixed there or not.

Since 2.1 was just recently marked "stable" immediately after the third
release to fix bugs in as many days, I've been a little slow to rush to
upgrade my production servers...

Systems Programmer              | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
                    === God Bless Us All ===