RE: md5 crypt hashed passwords on linux openldap server

The correct fix is to patch the OpenSSL libcrypto library. This is explained
in the FAQ-o-Matic (and has been for quite a long time):
 http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=185

Note that the newest versions of OpenSSL have fixed this problem. (Definitely
the problem is gone in 0.9.8; I believe it is also fixed in 0.9.7 but don't
remember at the moment and am unable to check directly.)

  -- Howard Chu