RE: md5 crypt hashed passwords on linux openldap server

Folks,

	While we are on this topic (I don't know if this the correct mailing
list to ask this question ... sorry if its not) if I try to change the
password of a user using the passwd command it seems to like to put the
password in crypt format in the ldap server so I added the line :

	password-hash {md5}

	From what I assumed is that the password change request recieved from
the passwd program would make the ldap server store the password in MD5
( I have a RedHat 7.3 box and want to maintain the uniformity from
/etc/passwd ) but it seems not to want to do this. Any suggestions ?

	Cheers,

	Aly.

--
Aly S.P Dharshi