Re: Characters non-ascii

Isabel Falantes wrote:

Hi everybody!

I need to load a ldif file that contains characters not ascii in the ldap,
but the command ldapmodify doesn't allow it. How I can do it?

Thanks in advance.

-- Isa.

I'm currently investigating this, too. From what I've gathered, you need to convert the character data to base64. There are tools and libraries available to do this, but I haven't tried any yet. I'll probably start with the MIME::Base64 perl module. If anybody knows of some better tools, let us know.

Then, when you add the data via ldif, you need to use the double colon convention, like:

cn:: IGJlZ2lucyB3aXRoIGEgc3BhY2U=

Hope that helps.

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com