Re: Solaris 8 and test008-concurrency fails

On Monday, January 13, 2003, at 10:13  PM, Howard Chu wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of John Fieber

I don't know if this is at all related, but I was banging my head
against slapd failures until I realized that slapd was linking with
db-4 and also cyrus sasl, but cyrus sasl was pulling in db-3 and that
turned out to be bad voodoo.  I configured cyrus sasl with
ndbm and all is well.

You would do better to use BDB 4 with everything... No reason to have multiple, different db libraries active at once.

Except that would require hacking on cyrus sasl to make it work with db4 and if you can (theoretically) put sasl secrets in openldap now, then the database that sasl uses as a standalone is theoretically a moot point, so i just pointed it at ndbm to make it happy.

-john