Re: Solaris 8 and test008-concurrency fails

On Sunday, January 12, 2003, at 11:35  PM, David Highley wrote:

I'm trying to get openldap 2.1.12 installed on a Solaris 8 sparc
platform with Berkeley database 4.1.25.

The Berkeley database was configured as follows:
./configure --enable-java --enable-rpc --enable-tcl --enable-test \
--enable-cxx --with-PACKAGE=yes

Further investigation shows that openldap configure does not see that
the Berkeley database was linked with pthreads. We whacked the configure
program and forced this. However it made no difference in the errors we
get.

I don't know if this is at all related, but I was banging my head against slapd failures until I realized that slapd was linking with db-4 and also cyrus sasl, but cyrus sasl was pulling in db-3 and that turned out to be bad voodoo. I configured cyrus sasl with ndbm and all is well.

-john