Re: Anyone on this list patient with stupid questions?

Thanks, Ed, for your reply:

> You would not use ldapadd with slapd running.  Use slapadd.

In my brief experience with OpenLDAP, I understand it to be the reverse, i.e.,
you use ldapadd with slapd running and you want to stop the daemon before
running slapadd. This is what others have told me and I have done.

> Have you walked through the simple "Quick Start Guide"

I would describe it more as a walkabout than a walkaround. Pete Lavender may be
able to explain this distinction further.