Re: Three separate directories

Could someone translate the sentence under the heading for me:

>From 'man slapd.conf'

GENERAL DATABASE OPTIONS
       Options in this section only apply to the  configuration  file  section
       for  the  database  in  which  they are defined.

Peter, I understand that you cannot advise me about linuxconf-lapdconf. Would
you have commented if I had written "a helper program added:"

> > include /etc/ldapconf/db/Commercial.db.conf
> > include /etc/ldapconf/db/Professional.db.conf
> > include /etc/ldapconf/db/Contacts.db.conf
> >
> > slapd would not start after this modification to slapd.conf.

You write in response to my inquiry:

> > What should be in the slapd.conf so that three separate directories can
> > be searched?

> You do not only need three directory directives, but three stanzas,
> each consisting of the directives database / suffix / directory.
>
> The database directive tells slapd which db type to use,

> The suffix gives the branch of the directory tree

> The directory tells slapd where to write/read the information for
> this specifig database/suffix.

I appreciate your patience. For you, this is obviously repetition. Nevertheless,
could your provide an example for the above instructions?

Or better yet, show me what is missing from this slapd.conf:

# $OpenLDAP: pkg/ldap/servers/slapd/slapd.conf,v 1.8.8.7 2001/09/27 20:00:31
kurt Exp $
include		/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/rolodap.schema

access to attr=userPassword
  by self write
  by anonymous auth
  by dn="cn=rolodap,o=Amalaki" write
  by dn="cn=manager,o=Amalaki" write
  by group="cn=rolodapadmins,o=Amalaki" write
  by * none

access to attr=objectclass,uid,entry
  by dn="cn=rolodap,o=Amalaki" write
  by dn="cn=manager,o=Amalaki" write
  by group="cn=rolodapadmins,o=Amalaki" write
  by * read

access to

attr=sn,givenname,cn,initial,memberof,companyname,title,mail,telephonenumber
  by self write
  by dn="cn=rolodap,o=Amalaki" write
  by dn="cn=manager,o=Amalaki" write
  by group="cn=rolodapadmins,o=Amalaki" write
  by users read
  by anonymous read

access to dn="ou=users,o=Amalaki"
  by group="cn=rolodapadmins,o=Amalaki" write
  by self write
  by * none

access to dn="ou=books,o=Amalaki"
  by dn="cn=rolodap,o=Amalaki" write
  by dn="cn=manager,o=Amalaki" write
  by group="cn=rolodapadmins,o=Amalaki" write
  by * read

access to dn="ou=contacts,o=Amalaki"
  by dn="cn=manager,o=Amalaki" write
  by dn="cn=rolodap,o=Amalaki" write
  by group="cn=rolodapadmins,o=Amalaki" write
  by * read

access to dn="cn=rolodaplastuid,o=Amalaki"
  by dn="cn=manager,o=Amalaki" write
  by dn="cn=rolodap,o=Amalaki" write
  by group="cn=rolodapadmins,o=Amalaki" write
  by * none

access to dn="cn=firmwide,o=Amalaki"
  by dn="cn=manager,o=Amalaki" write
  by dn="cn=rolodap,o=Amalaki" write

  by group="cn=rolodapadmins,o=Amalaki" write
  by * none

access to *
  by self write
  by dn="cn=manager,o=Amalaki" write
  by group="cn=rolodapadmins,o=Amalaki" write
  by users read
  by * none

sizelimit 2000
database	ldbm
suffix          "ou=Contacts,o=Amalaki,c=US"
rootdn "cn=manager,ou=Contacts,o=Amalaki"
rootpw		secret
directory	/var/lib/ldap/Contacts
directory	/var/lib/ldap/Commercial
directory	/var/lib/ldap/Professional