[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Anyone on this list patient with stupid questions?
- To: openldap-software <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Re: Anyone on this list patient with stupid questions?
- From: Jonathan Smith <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 08:26:13 -0500
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020823 Netscape/7.0
Well-meaning people keep telling me to read the LDAP information and I
wonder how I nicely can ask to be directed to more useful information?
For instance, is there anywhere on the Net like an LDAP dictionary with
grammar? What do I mean by this question?
Okay, you have "dn". What does dn mean in LDAP-ese? dn means
Where is dn used? In slapd.conf? In lapd.conf? In a *.ldif file? Where
else? How is it used in each of these instances. Explanation and example.
So, then I can ask "Where are the hygienic facilities?" and only get
funny looks rather than incomprehension!