Re: Anyone on this list patient with stupid questions?

Further debugging:

@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.0.25-Release (Mon Aug 26 23:18:40 EDT 2002) $
daemon_init: <null>
daemon_init: listen on ldap:///
daemon_init: 1 listeners to open...
daemon: socket() failed errno=97 (Address family not supported by protocol)
daemon: bind(6) failed errno=98 (Address already in use)
daemon: bind(6) failed
slapd stopped.

Stupid question: What does this tell me?

I had to expand the list to a limit of 500 entries when I was searching the archives for Invalid Credentials, so I gather it is a common problem. I even search Google Groups and during that search I came across this statement:

"I think it is amazing just how difficult it is to do what the openldap documents purport to be simple."