[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Anyone on this list patient with stupid questions?
- To: openldap-software <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Re: Anyone on this list patient with stupid questions?
- From: Jonathan Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 18:26:31 -0500
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020823 Netscape/7.0
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.0.25-Release (Mon Aug 26 23:18:40 EDT 2002) $
daemon_init: listen on ldap:///
daemon_init: 1 listeners to open...
daemon: socket() failed errno=97 (Address family not supported by protocol)
daemon: bind(6) failed errno=98 (Address already in use)
daemon: bind(6) failed
Stupid question: What does this tell me?
I had to expand the list to a limit of 500 entries when I was searching
the archives for Invalid Credentials, so I gather it is a common
problem. I even search Google Groups and during that search I came
across this statement:
"I think it is amazing just how difficult it is to do what the openldap
documents purport to be simple."