Re: Monitor Backend

OK, thanks , it was an ACL issue !

database        monitor
access to dn.subtree=cn=monitor
     by dn.exact=cn=admin,dc=int-evry,dc=fr write
     by dn.subtree=dc=int-evry,dc=fr read
     by * none

$ ldapsearch -x -b "cn=Bytes,cn=Statistics,cn=Monitor" -D "cn=admin,dc=int-evry,dc=fr" -W description -LLL
Enter LDAP Password:
dn: cn=Bytes,cn=Statistics,cn=Monitor

Great ! :-)

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
Dieter Kluenter wrote:

Jehan PROCACCIA <Jehan.Procaccia@int-evry.fr> writes:

Dieter Kluenter wrote:

this works for me with openldap 2.1.11, but I don't see any valuable
information about monitoring in there !?
could you give an example of a ldapseach query with interesting value
returned .

Just to give you an example, try
ldapsearch -b "cn=monitor" "cn=connection*" "description"

-Dieter

OK but I still don't see no more valuable information !?

$ ldapsearch -b "cn=monitor" "cn=connection*" "description" -x
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <cn=monitor> with scope sub
# filter: cn=connection*
# requesting: description
#

# Connections, Monitor
dn: cn=Connections,cn=Monitor

# Connection 235, Connections, Monitor
dn: cn=Connection 235,cn=Connections,cn=Monitor

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 3
# numEntries: 2

An other one as suggested by Pierangelo Masarati:

$ ldapsearch -b "cn=Bytes,cn=Statistics,cn=monitor" -x -s base
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <cn=Bytes,cn=Statistics,cn=monitor> with scope base
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# Bytes, Statistics, Monitor
dn: cn=Bytes,cn=Statistics,cn=Monitor
objectClass: top
objectClass: monitor
objectClass: extensibleObject
cn: Bytes

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

Here I though I would get something like how many byte slapd has
exchange ..., but I get nothing valuable !?

Thanks for your help.

You're not seeing the "description" attribute, possibly due to acl settings.

P.M.