Re: entry has multiple objectClass attributes

At 05:44 AM 1/8/2003, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
>> Agreed. Do you think I should file this as a bug?
>
>Not really a bug, but I don't know why it was done; perhaps it's
>a legacy of UMich stuff, since slurpd didn't receive as much
>attention as slapd did by OpenLDAP developers.  I'd like to hear
>from someone that knows the rationale behind it.

Basically, slurpd generates malformed LDAP requests.  It's a
known bug.  slapd has, historically, worked around this bug.
Presently the workaround is only active with slapd is talking
to the slurpd (or someone posing as the update daemon).

I don't see much point in filing a bug report without a patch
on this (as it is working "as intended").  But if you have a
patch which fixes slurpd properly....

Kurt