Re: BDB error with configure

You might have forget to compile with --enable-bdb and link/include against BDB 4.1.25 (CPPFLAGS="-I${dbdir}/include LDFLAGS="-L${dbdir}/)

I've done all this (cf changelog below) in binaries RPMS for redhat 8.0, you may also find the source RPM (openldap-servers-2.1.11-1.i386.rpm) as well where openldap-2.1.11.spec contains compilation options (here with bdb, meta, ldap, monnitor, shell, ldbm , password backends).

http://www.int-evry.fr/mci/user/procacci/SRPMS/

SRPMS changelog:

* Tue Jan 07 2003 Jehan Procaccia <jehan.procaccia@int-evry.fr> 2.1.11-1
- replace openldap source (tgz) from 2.1.9 to 2.1.11
- replace BDB from 4.1.24-NC to 4.1.25-NC

* Wed Dec 11 2002 Jehan Procaccia <jehan.procaccia@int-evry.fr> 2.1.9-3
- added backends, ldap meta shell password without  modules

* Sat Dec 07 2002 Jehan Procaccia <jehan.procaccia@int-evry.fr> 2.1.9-2
- added backends, ldap meta shell password with module=dynamic

* Thu Dec 04 2002 Jehan Procaccia <jehan.procaccia@int-evry.fr> 2.1.9-1
- replace openldap source (tgz) from 2.1.8 to 2.1.9

* Mon Nov 25 2002 Jehan Procaccia <jehan.procaccia@int-evry.fr> 2.1.8-2
- removed offending patch in regards to RFCs on cosine.schema

* Thu Nov 21 2002 Jehan Procaccia <jehan.procaccia@int-evry.fr> 2.1.8-1
- changed kerberosobject.schema to include krbName attr from old core.schema
- changed kerberosobject.schema to AUXILIARY
- patched cosine.schema, account objectclass from STRUCTURAL to AUXILIARY
- Includes --enabled-modules and back-monitor as a dynamic module(didn't test!)
- Includes BDB 4.1.24-NC

etc waju wrote:
Hi
I just installed BerkeleyDB 4.1.25, but still configure complains "configure:error: BDB:
BerkeleyDB not available".

What should I do?

Thanks a lot, waju

Hi
I am new to openLDAP.
When I try to build openLDAP, I got the following
error messages with "configure":
"configure:error: BDB: BerkeleyDB not available".

Am I missing some packages before building openLDAP?

Thanks a lot, waju