Re: entry has multiple objectClass attributes

On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 05:24 PM, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

You're likely tryig to add the attribute 'objectClass' more than once;
in LDIF it would be:

dn: <somedn>
changetype: modify
add: objectClass
objectClass: <value1>
-
add: objectClass
objectClass: <value2>
-

which is incorrect: you'd rather do

dn: <somedn>
changetype: modify
add: objectClass
objectClass: <value1>
objectClass: <value2>
-

Hi Pierangelo,

Thanks for your response.

I'm trying to do the equivalent of an ldap_add, not ldap_modify, so in LDIF it's:

dn: <somedn>
changetype: add
<attribute>: <value>
<attribute>: <value>
objectClass: <oc1>
objectClass: <oc2>
<attribute>: <value>
<attribute>: <value>
<attribute>: <value>

(The above is actually very similar to the entry in the *.rej file - I should create some sanitised records in my directory so that I can just copy and paste without including the names of any customers)

I'm not sure if that is somehow equivalent to your top form. Is add generally a special case of modify, or is this only the case for the command line utilities?

Bernard.