Re: Deleting a tree

* Raf Meeusen (meeusen@acunia.com) [030106 11:34]:
> > What is the absolute fastest way to delete a subtree in open ldap?  I know
> > about ldapdelete, but is there another way to do it?
>
> ldapdelete is the safest way to do it, and probably the fastest too.  You
> could consider editing your backend-DB directly, but it would require
> extensive DB knowledge (not mentioning the probability of a corrupted
> LDAP tree)...

With ldapdelete you'll have to delete the tree from leaves down..  You
can't just delete the root of a tree that has children..

jon

--
.Jonathan J. Miner------------------Division of Information Technology.
|miner@doit.wisc.edu                 University Of Wisconsin - Madison|

Chip Salzenberg sent me a complete patch to add System V IPC (msg, sem and
shm calls), so I added them.  If that bothers you, you can always undefine
them in config.sh.  :-) -- Larry Wall in <9384@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>
                                                                  (40)