ldapadd/ldapmodify confusion

I would have sworn that I successfully used ldapadd to add a whole host of LDAP objects from a single file shortly after installing openldap. When I try this now, it adds the first entry and stops... the first entry is added successfully and there are no errors.

My input file constains entries separated by blank lines... I'm using the -c and -f arguments on ldapadd. What am I missing? Did I dream that I was actually able to do what I'm trying to do?

Cheers,

Brenda
The only Henniker on earth, NH (the state with five seasons -- tourist, foliage, ski, mud and black-fly)