Re: problem with nis.schema

On Fri, 2002-12-27 at 22:00, Lord Chaser wrote:
> HI,
> I am trying to put up a virtual mailserver using the http://jamm.sourceforge.net/howto/single-html/mailserver.html howto. But I cant get past the openldap installation. I configured slapd.conf and now when I start it with /usr/local/libexec/slapd I get:
> usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema: line 97: AttributeType not found: "name"
> in the .conf I have loaded 3 .schemas:
> nis
> cosine
> jamm
> Any ideas what must I change?

Since LDAP is heirarical, I would think you need to include at least on
of these two schemas too:

include         /etc/ldap/schema/core.schema

This will give you the name attribute..

include         /etc/ldap/schema/cosine.schema

Not sure what this will give you or if you really need it.. it was one
of the schemas that was included in my default install of openldap.