Not able to apply patch....Directory missing...

Hi,
Am not able to apply patch for IDL_SLAB(jongchoi-IDL_SLAB-021115.diff) . I have openldap version 2.0.27 and theres no directory  named back-dbd. the patch utility is actually trying to patch back-bdb.h in back-bdb . I picked up this patch after looking thru the archives of openldap mailing lists.[ Since i needed better search performance.]
I'm not sure if this patch is for the openldap version i have.since the directory itself is not present i'm not sure if i'm using berkely db(thats what back-bdb refers to right??) How do i make sure that i'm using berkely db and not anything else?
please help.
Thank you.
--partha
parthasarathi s a
e-mail: parthasarathi at odysseytec dot com