Trouble with "allow bind_v2"

I need to enable LDAPv2 connections on my openLDAP 2.x server.
When I try to add "allow bind_v2" to my slapd.conf file I get the following error:

"/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 59: unknown feature bind_v2 in "allow <features>" line"

I am currently running the 2.1.9 Release, which I compiled from source with the following
--enable-crypt
--enable-passwd
--enable-lmpasswd
--enable-spasswd
--enable-ldbm
--enable-syslog
--enable-rlookups
--enable-dynamic
--enable-modules
--enable-dnssrv
--enable-ldap
--enable-ldap-module

I also tried adding the "allow bind_v2" to the slapd.conf on the 2.0.25 Server supplied
with Redhat 8.0.  The server would not start.

Do I need to compile a particular feature into the binary?

~Dan