Re: OpenLDAP 2.1.9 on Alpha Linux

Mike O'Rourke wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

Alpha linux is the linux os running on a Digital AlphaServer (in this
case an AS 1000A). It is a 64-bit machine. I compiled and have running
2.1.9 on SuSE 8.0 on a Pentium arch, but it will not run on the
AlphaServer.

vadim tarassov <vadim.tarassov@swissonline.ch> 12/20/02 02:30am

Hi Mike,

I don't know what is alpha linux, but since you've mentioned suse I decided to reply. Just yesterday I sucessfully did it on suse 7.3 with

openldap 2.1.9 + berkeley 4.1.24.nc + openssl-0.9.6h +
cyrus-sasl-2.1.10.

br, vadim tarassov.

Mike O'Rourke wrote:

Have you tried to get autofs working on your box?

Simon

Hi,

Has anyone succeeded in compiling, installing and running 2.1.9 on

any

flavor of Alpha Linux. I have SuSE 7.1, and 2.1.9 (also with 2.1.8

and

2.1.5) compiles fine, but hangs on the first test with a ber_get_next
errno=35 (Resource temporarily unavailable) in the master.log. I have
tried compiling with and without IPv6 (in an strace it tries IPv6

first

and always switches successfully to IPv4).

Thanks, Mike