How to link against libdb4

I know there must be a simple answer to this question, but I cannot find it.

Every time I run slapd, it fails with:

bdb_initialize: version mismatch
        expected: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.0.14: (November 18,
2001)
        got: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.3.11: (July 12, 2001)

Now, I know the reason for this failure. I have built it with include files
from Berkeley DB 4, and it is linked against libraries from Berkeley DB 3.
So please don't waste time telling me this.

The problem is that I can't find out how on earth to link it against
Berkeley BD 4. I have even removed all libdb* files in /usr/local/lib, and
rebuilt OpenLDAP from scratch. I thought this would force it to fail unable
to find libdb... but it has found it from somewhere are still fails in the
same way.

Can anyone tell me how I am supposed to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Philip Inglesant
Senior Systems Administrator
Netscalibur
ISPA winner "Best Business Customer Service" 2001

--
Email Disclaimer can be viewed at:
http://www.netscalibur.co.uk/email.html