RE: Ldbm writing and sync speed.

Performance in all the OpenLDAP releases < 2.1 leaves much to be desired. If
performance is an issue for you, you need to use OpenLDAP 2.1.

> To recap:
> Time(Ldap no sync) + Time(plain db writes) < Time(Ldap with sync)
> Where did the minute go? What am i overlooking?
> --Ugen

The answer to that question can be revealed with a good profiling tool.
Having already created such a tool and used it on the OpenLDAP code
(http://highlandsun.com/hyc/ FunctionCheck 1.5) I can tell you that most of
the execution time disappears in libc, calls to malloc and free. Most of that
is wasted execution time and has been eliminated in OpenLDAP 2.1.

  -- Howard Chu