Re: first time password

It doesn't work the way you think it does.  It isn't held in a
database.  The password is checked each time you connect as admin.  The
line "passwd secret" is read when connecting with a browser, or using
command line actions.

Change "passwd secret" to "passwd anything_you_want_here"  and then
connect with a browser or try ldapsearch.

On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 08:21, Alex Huth wrote:
> Hi guys!
> I´m a new newbie to openldap and will try to set up this thing. The first part
> where can´t get further is to set the "admin" passwd for the first time. In
> the example there is a line
> passwd secret
> What i know so far is that openldap is using SSHA as default. I know the
> context of changing password. But what is the password when compiled and
> gettin started?
> So long
> Alex Huth
Andrew Bacchi