Index corruption under openldap 2.0.25

Hello all,

I have a problem with an openldap 2.0.25 (BDB 4.0.14), it has about 7500000
entries under ou=subscriber, and performing an ldapsearch -b ou=mim objectclass=*
takes a lot of time (1 hour). Is it normal? Under ou=mim we have very few entries,
but using a debug level of 1, it seems to be searching ALL entries in the ldap, is
it the expected behaviour?

Is it necessary to reindex? should I delete all *.dbb files before running
slapindex?
What about updating to 2.0.27, is it necessary to export/import to a ldif or dbb
format has not changed?

Thanks in advance.