Re: outlook and openldap

Raf, yes I have set this option in Outlook-Express, but no results at all.

Raf Meeusen wrote:
On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Rob wrote:

I am struggling with the same problem, altough a bit more generic : how
can the combination Outlook (-Express, in my case) and OpenLDAP be
configured so that there is no local address book necessary for Outlook,
but the address-list comes straight (= on-line) from the OpenLDAP server
when you open the selection window to specify addresses for a new email
Even searching in the addressbook for people with "Name=*" does not
return anything.
And yes, the "Accounts" option contains correctly the name and basedn of
my LDAP server.

do not forget to enable the "simple search filter" then.

I am fighting with the "loglevel" option in slapd.conf, just to get a
brief logging about what query the LDAP server received from outlook.

Any help out there from the gurus ?

Eduardo Eirós wrote:

Hi all
I´m new in this list and I know this is a little bit off-topic, but
maybe someone can help me.
I currently have an openldap server offering services for smtp, pop,
imap and ssh .OK
I know that there has been disccusion about integrating openldap with
outlook clients.
I´m able to do searchs in outlook 2000 after some configuration
changes and more.
I´m able to import these searches results in the address book, and to
look in ldap for the to: field
Now the question: is there anyway to automatize this process so the
client would not have to make searches
in order to have new entries or modifications. I mean a plugin or
something that would keep synchronized the outlook
adddress book with the ldap entries. Maybe impossible?
Sorry for my english and thanks.