Re: Printing and Related Questions

Hello,

	What I meant by LDAP is that is there a schema that deals with printing
specifically or is it included in some other schema, I guess the Sun One
for instance has a similar one for printer location etc etc like the
information you would store in NIS+/FNS I fear that from what little I
know of NIS+ that it doesn't really store printer quotas and accounting
details (correct me if I am wrong) so I doubt that Sun One has this
facility.

	So my question is that can we store such accounting details in an LDAP
server, so that when students print something we can track the printer
quota/accounting. That means an LDAP aware printing program or something
that maybe able to use LDAP to do this. I don't think that I really care
about a detailed log of what they have been printing at the moment but
more like what amount of money they have in their account (in LDAP) to
be check to allow/deny printing.

	Hopefully this is abit more clearer than my last posting. Thank you for
your attention.

	Cheers,

	Aly.

--