ITS#1986 question "cache add failed" on OpenLDAP 2.0.25

Hi we're using DB 3.3.11 and OpenLDAP 2.0.25 and only recently we've been getting the following errors but defining a "database ldbm"

LDAP: error code 80 - cache add failed

I've come across this answer from Howard Chu but couldn't find any reasonable follow ups..

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-bugs/200208/msg00117.html

Is this "fixed" on 2.0.27? If not, does anyone have any idea what's causing it (i.e. permissions on the file system? the db couldn't handle it? is it because the ldbm is being corrupted somehow?)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jan-Michael Ong