slurpd errors in ".rej" file

When I delete certain entries on my master ldap server, I don't really
remove them from the database altogether.  Instead, I move them to a new
rdn so that I have a record of old entries.  So I do a modrdn change
type and move the entry from uid=user,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com to
uid=user,ou=disconnected,dc=example,dc=com.  The rdn is modified on the
master and the modification is replicated to the slaves.  However, every
time I do this I get a number of errors in the slurpd ".rej" file on the
master.  The errors indicate that certain updates sent by the master to
the slaves can't be completed because the updates are addressed to the
original entry location (ou=people) while the modrdn command has already
been completed and the entry now exists in the disconnected rdn
(ou=disconnected).  The errors SEEM to indicate that the errors are
being sent in reverse order.

Here is an example of the set of (always three) errors for a modrdn
operation in my .rej file:

ERROR: No such object
replica: 172.16.0.6:389
time: 1038945640.4
dn: uid=user,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
changetype: modify
replace: entryCSN
entryCSN: 2002120320:00:40Z#0x0002#0#0000
-
replace: modifiersName
modifiersName: cn=Admin,dc=example,dc=com
-
replace: modifyTimestamp
modifyTimestamp: 20021203200040Z
-

ERROR: No such object
replica: 172.16.0.6:389
time: 1038945640.7
dn: uid=user,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
changetype: modify
replace: entryCSN
entryCSN: 2002120320:00:40Z#0x0003#0#0000
-
replace: modifiersName
modifiersName: cn=Admin,dc=example,dc=com
-
replace: modifyTimestamp
modifyTimestamp: 20021203200040Z
-

ERROR: No such object
replica: 172.16.0.6:389
time: 1038945641.0
dn: uid=user,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
changetype: modrdn
newrdn: uid=doidge
deleteoldrdn: 1
newsuperior: ou=disconnected,dc=example,dc=com

When I look on the slaves, I see that the modrdn command has been
updated and the uid has successfully moved from the "ou=people" rdn to
the "ou=disconnected" rdn.  Does anyone have an idea why I'm getting
these errors and what they refer about the order of updates from slurpd?
It is also noteworthy that these errors are ONLY OCCURING ON ONE OF TWO
SLAVES.  The other slave is also updating the modrdn just fine but no
.rej file exists on the master for that slave.

Thanks for any advice,

Mike